• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Why is that funny?

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
OK. So, when you were younger, an impulsive giggle and sometimes outright hilarity struck at the most inopportune time, or even over some inappropriate subject matter. You giggled at something even when it wasn't funny....really. Some other time, you'd see, hear, or think something and laugh, laugh, laugh, try to catch your breath and then finally have to tell all the ignorant observers what was so not-funny hilarious. It got blamed on growth hormones by those who truly pitied you out of love. Others just thought you had "issues". When you got older, those moments became rare if not extinct. Thank God right?

Well, apparently the not-funny hilarities still get to me. Guess that means I'm in the rare category. (Or I've got issues.) So, what's so not-funny hilarious you ask?

I'm finishing up the guidelines in ICD-9. I come to Section 1. C. 19. a. 8. The priority instructions for E-codes. In my mind I'm imagining some unfortunate woman's jaw just got busted by her husband. (Abuse) During her flight out of the high-rise apartment, she gets hit by shrapnel from a car bomb. (Terrorism) She got loaded into an ambulance, that unfortunately gets hit by the Midnight Express. (Transport Accident) Unfortunate woman indeed. But at least I'll know what order to sequence the E codes......and then....

I come to Section 1. C. 19. a. 9......and there's this phrase: "medical misadventures". Are you kidding me? Hasn't this woman been through enough already?!!

So, am I the only one laughing......or do I have issues?

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
:eek: I think all coders have "issues" o_O lol

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
All I could think of was "medical misadventure." What? Did this woman lose a foot in the train wreck and wake up with two left feet?